1950s Jim Kimberly Ferrari Helmet.
This is an original Buco helmet painted red in its day with full leather interior. Kimberly of Kleenex fame was the SCCA President, as well as the National Champion in 1954 driving a Ferrari.
Jim drove many interesting cars in the 1950s, including Maserati 200/Si s/n 2412 and a Maserati 450/S which he raced at Road America in 1957 and Cuba in 1958. He also campaigned a Ferrari 121 LM from 1955-6 at American venues such as Road America and Sebring, and most famously, Ferrari 375 MM s/n 0364AM as shown.
Other cars driven by Jim were:
- 166 MM Barchetta Touring 0010 M
- 195 S Berlinetta Touring 0060 M
- 340 America Barchetta Touring 0124 AM
- 340 America Spider Vignale 0204 A
- 225 Sport Spider Vignale 0220 ED
- 375 MM Spider Pinin Farina 0364 AM
- 375 Plus Spider Pinin Farina 0384 AM
- 121 LM Spider Scaglietti 0532 LM
- 625 LM Spider Touring 0642 MDTR
This helmet was given to the owner of his old 121/LM just prior to his passing in 1994. (LSC)