1954 Le Mans ‘Sports Illustrated’ poster.
This vintage original measures 3 feet wide (24×36″ / 61x91cm) and shows the scene at the start of the race with the drivers running to their cars. This rare poster was published in 1955 by Sports Illustrated magazine in the USA. It is in very good condition and professionally linen mounted.
Race Results –
- Ferrari 375 Plus – Gonzalez & Trintignant
- Jaguar D-Type XKC-402 – Rolt & Hamilton
- Cunningham C4-R – Spear & Johnston
- Jaguar C-Type – Laurent & Swaters
In the image you can see most of the grid, but the foreground shows –
- #10 Talbot Lago T26GS
- #8 Aston Martin DB3S
- #12 Jaguar D-Type
- #14 Jaguar D-Type XKC-402 (finished 2nd)
- #16 Jaguar C-Type
*Note – at a recent auction one of these posters fetched US$13 125! Ours costs much less…