1958 Grand Prix of Cuba at Havana poster signed by Juan Manuel Fangio.
This limited edition reprint measures 28×19″ / 71x48cm and comes with a signing photo and Fangio’s original business card. The artwork shows a retro style painting of a Lancia Ferrari D50. This event was made famous as Fangio was taken hostage during a political coup in 1958.
Less than 100 of these posters were signed by Fangio on May 1/94 – the very same day Ayrton Senna died, and tragically a few days before Juan had a heart attack. This means they are among his last signatures in an edition, ever! (1FR+2xx)
Race Results –
- Stirling Moss – Ferrari 335S Sport s/n 0674
- Masten Gregory – Ferrari 410 Sport s/n 0598CM
- Carroll Shelby – Maserati 450/S s/n 4506
- A few Maserati 200/S and 300/S rounded out the top 10, and several Ferrari 250 TR campaigned here including s/n 0714TR.
- NOTE: At an on-line auction in Oct/21 the very same poster sold for US$5500 – over triple our price!