1/8 1987 Porsche 962 Lowenbrau (s/n 962-103).
This incredible large scale resin and metal model measures 2 feet long (24×10″ / 61×25.5 cm) and weighs 8 lbs. A small edition of just 75 replicas were built by GMP, and the edition has been sold out for many years. We have just one left, professionally ‘race weathered’ to replicate period photos of the actual car with simulated dirt, grease and oil. The driver door and front and rear clips come off to display a wealth of detail.
Chassis 103 was the most successful 962 ever built, capable of speeds over 240mph! It was driven in period by Derek Bell, Al Holbert and Chip Robinson at various venues. The real car features a full monocoque design chassis, detailed 3.2 Liter air cooled six cylinder turbocharged boxer engine, synchronized five speed manual transmission, Brembo vented dual circuit disc brakes with four piston calipers. Racing highlights include:
- 1985 IMSA GTP drivers championship
- 1985 Porsche Cup USA 1986 IMSA GTP drivers championship
- 1986 IMSA GTP manufacturers championship (2nd in driver points)
- 1987 Daytona 24 Hours overall winner
- 6 pole positions, 19 podium finishes and 11 overall wins in all between 1985-1988!